Sunday, January 17, 2010

I wrote my own obituary...

Yes, you read it right.  I have been blessed to have learned about an 8 week course done by the publisher of Success Magazine, Mr. Darren Hardy.  It's called Designing The Best Ten Years of Your Life...and part of this last weeks session was to write your own obituary. 

First there was a series of questions that you had to answer assuming you were just told you had 24 hours to live.  And he encourages everyone to Play Full Out, meaning really get in to the roll to answer these questions.  Then the next exercise was to write your own obituary.  A little strange I might add but definitely eye opening...what would you be remembered for?

My sister called me right after I started writing it and as the usual conversation starts, "Hey what are you doing?", I said do you really want to know and she said yes.  I told her what I was doing and she almost dropped the phone.  She said, "You're kidding right?"  I had tried to tell her about the course because I know it would greatly benefit anyone who goes through the entire course, but she was too busy to listen and said she had to call me back.  So she was blown away by what I was doing.  I said, let me read you the first sentence that I just wrote..."Today we are sad to have to lay to rest a beloved mother..." and that was all I had by the time I was talking to her.  She was so grossed out. 

Isn't it funny that people are so disturbed by thinking about what their own obituary would say.  It actually proved to be a very good exercise.  When you can't think of anything important to write about yourself that you have done, you should be thankful that you actually are alive and able to change the course of your life.

What if you died today?  I know a little morbid, but think about it, what would those that loved you write on your obituary?  Is that what you would hope to be remembered for?  If not, change the course of your life...change the course of your next ten years and get started on this awesome FREE course through SUCCESS Magazine.  All you do is subscribe by putting your email in the top right hand side of the screen.  Then on Tuesdays and Thursdays there will be new installments.  All of the documents, training, video messages that you need, he will provide, FOR FREE!  Understand this course usually costs people around $5000 each. 

You will log in to http://darrenhardy.success.com/ on Tuesdays and Thursdays and you will receive an email in the evening of those days with the documents that you need to fill out.  He will give you all the ones that you have missed so you can start from the beginning.  But once this course is over, the forms will no longer be available. 

Take hold of the next 10 years of your life and be a part of this amazing opportunity to Design the Next 10 Years of Your Life!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. You know, I always think what would they write? Would my husband and family leave anything out?

    Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one :)

    I always wanted to stop by bc on my giveaway leave me a seperate comment for every entry :) I just didn't want to cheat you out of each and every entry you earned. So just leave me 5 more comments {ex for the twitter following you could say: "follow on twitter {1}" and "follow on twitter {entry 2}" or something like that :)

    Email me if you have any questions--I'm happy to help!

    And good luck at the giveaway! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops--I meant to write that I also wanted to stop by--not that I always want to stop by, lol!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete