I absolutely had no idea WHAT I was doing. I just started writing. Then along the way I learned more and more...I wanted to share with those brand new bloggers out there what I have learned over the last couple of months and would appreciate any other advice, suggestions, even criticism...I learn by my mistakes and am not too proud to admit it. :)
- How did I choose my name...well I have twins and its really them that inspires me to write this blog...hence "Twin-spiration".
- One of the first things I learned was NOT to write a novel. Keep them short and sweet. I know it seems that I still write long posts, but you have to check out my very first one......you will see that slowly but surely I am learning how to say what I want in less words. Really good lesson!
- Another thing I learned early on was that when you're writing...put space between the paragraphs. Click enter twice before starting the next paragraph.
- I learned how to be a part of the blog carnivals. I wanted so bad to know how to do this and tried to teach myself and I know Amanda at Garibay Soup will laugh when she remembers my first attempt at them. I had NO CLUE! I enjoy the carnivals a lot!
- PICTURES...always have a picture either personal or from the web...for every post. That is a big deal in blog world...so I learned.
- I learned Photoshop because I wanted so badly to have a cute banner at the top and a "button" that so many others have. So I learned photoshop and made my banner and button...again thanks Amanda at Garibay Soup.
- You have to be able to laugh at yourself.
- I learned how theraputic and fun blogging is. I love the idea of writing everything down because as much as I want to remember everything, it's never going to happen. It also allows you to learn from your experiences as you write it down...what to and not to do.
- And lastly...I learned that there is a company out there that will take your blog at the end of the year and turn it into a "yearbook style" book! That is awesome to me. I can print two, one for each of my girls, and that's something they will cherish for ever. So basically we are journaling their lives for them.
God bless you!