Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday...to go or not to go...that is the question!

Ever since I had twins in 2003, I have been an avid Black Friday shopper.  You see when you are shopping for two of EVERYTHING, Black Friday provides a TON of savings. 

Living in a very small community, we have a Wal-Mart and unlike other Wal-Marts, ours is very nice, clean and upscale.  So 99% of the time my Black Friday consists of going to Wal-Mart at about 4:30pm.  What I have done in previous years is pretty much show up right around 5am when they open.  That way I wouldn't have to fight the crowd on the way in the door when people get trampled and harmed because everyone is so friggin crazy for that "one item" that they have to have. 

Being that the economy is the way that it is, I figured today might be a little more crowded than usual.  When I got to Wal-Mart at 4:30am...there wasn't a soul in sight.  OMG...they left Wal-Mart open all night long to prevent from having the long lines of people.  This way, you walked in to the store and then the items that were on sale until 5am...those were bubble wrapped and would be cut open at the time allowed. 

I always save SO MUCH MONEY!  And I am usually done shopping for the girls the day after Thanksgiving.  This does one of two things...1)  It takes away much of the stress of the season since the people you buy the most for are your own family.  2)  We have always been a family to decorate for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving and this provides the opportunity to have wrapped presents under the tree from the first day that it is up.  So much fun!

There was no drama, a lot of chaos and more importantly a TON of awesome sales. 

For those of you who don't go to Black Friday...you may want to give it a try next year.  You actually feel somewhat "victorious" leaving the store when you have the items that you circled on the ad.  I am proud to announce even though my husband's not so thrilled that I got WAY more than the circled items today.  I made a huge killing.

You only live once...take it from me, give it a try!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Black Friday.... but this year we just didn't do it. Next year I'll totally be there!

    ReplyDelete