Monday, November 2, 2009

Just a Motivating Monday...


This is an opportunity to write about something that is motivating to you or you think will be motivating to others.  To read more Motivating Mondays go to garibaysoup.com.

I have been very inspired lately by just knowing what we as human beings are designed for.  We are designed for greatness.  God didn't manufacture junk, Success is our birth right.  And knowing that motivates me to seek out things that make me a better mom, wife, make our family more successful, etc.
What I am looking for when I am searching for ways to improve "life" in general is first a vehicle to help me get to my dreams.  You see there are so many people out there who don't dream any more.  They feel, "what's the use."  Remember that what you dream, you can achieve.  And I believe that every single day.  In looking for the "vehicle" to help me reach my dreams, I first had to realize that it wasn't a 9 to 5 job.  You see our whole lives we are taught to be average.  Go to school, go to college, go to work for someone else, work until you are too old to work, retire and then go get the "retirement job" because you can't afford to live on retirement.  Well I'm 33 years old, what's Social Security going to be like when I get old enough to need it?  What's it gonna be when my kids are old enough to need it?  God didn't create us to be average!  He created us to be GREAT!  And if it is to be, it's up to me!
Don't stop dreaming.  This weekend we are going to create our new vision boards.  This vision board will consist of all of the things we are dreaming about...short term and long term.  My girls are 6 years old and we do it with them as well.  Do you have any idea what we are teaching our kids with teaching them to dream? 
There will be many people along the path that frown on you for pursuing your dreams.  Why is that?  Because they don't dream!  It saddens me to think about all the people in life that just settle, settle for where they are going to work, settle for how much money they are going to have, settle for how they are living their lives.  I want the absolute best for my children...and I am not a money motivated person, I am a freedom motivated person.  I am on the path for time and money together...so when you go to Disneyland you don't have to choose if you are going to get a doll from the gift shop OR eat in one of the "downtown restaurants", you can do them both.  You can live life the way you were intended to live life. 
I thank God each and every day knowing that I am on the path that I was intended to be on .  The path that is going to help me reach my dreams, goals and achieve my greatness!  Through it all, I am teaching my children to do the same thing!  Through God all things are possible and I live my life each and every day seeking God's word.  Knowing that when I leave those doors to go to "work", that I am doing God's work!  And I will not be killing myself in a heavy labor job or stressing myself to the max in an environment where everyone hates each other as well as their jobs.  I love what I do and encourage each and every one of you to find what it is that you love to do.  Break out of the J- O- B mold (Just Over Broke) and shoot for the moon, you never know, you may end up with a star!
Don't stop dreaming!  Dream big and then map out how to get there!  Read inspirational books!  You should be working on yourself every single day!  Be positive...live a positive life (and that is a choice).  Good things happen to good people is a fact!  Be a good person! 
Love yourself!
I will tell you of a couple of books that I just recently bought that I encourage all of you to buy...they are not long reading, they are fairly short books... "The Five Major Pieces to the Life Puzzle" and "The Seasons of Life" both written by Jim Rohn.
Pursue your greatness today...and have a blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVED reading this! I love how our minds are so much alike! The book I've been reading The Power of Focu is AMAZING! I am halfway through it and have such a hard time putting it down.

    Here's to our dreams ;)

    ReplyDelete