Friday, November 13, 2009

Marriage Retreat...Part 2

You will all be glad to know that I wasn't thrown under the bus tonight...however there is a day and a half left so you just never know.

Tonight was absolutely amazing!  God is good guys!  He is the author of our lives...he knows what we're gonna do before we do it and works in our lives everyday! 

Adam and I have been together for 15 years...we were high school sweethearts and then we got married in 2002 and have been married almost 8 years.  The first 2 years of our marriage was amazing...then when we had our girls...that was amazing too, but a different amazing.  You see we started being parents and stopped being married...bare with me here.  We put so much in to our girls that we never had anything left for each other.  We don't fight, we don't argue unless things don't go my way.  We are best friends who have been growing apart emotionally for 6 years. 

We have seen it happening and have tried to make it right but when you have been doing something for so long, how do you get back to where you started, do you know what I'm saying? 

We quit taking time for each other and everything was all about our babies.  However the best gift you can give your kids is your relationship with your spouse.  Knowing that is what brought us to this retreat. 

God is good...he put us here by divine appointment and we know that.  The speaker is an identical twin...I love that.  (I will be talking to him tomorrow about what his parents did right and what he wished they would change and I will be sharing that on a different post for the twin moms out there).

We are all designed for greatness and with God, you can achieve that greatness.  I let my guard down tonight you guys, which is something that I have kept up for at least the last 3 to 4 years.  Guarding my heart from being hurt because there was nothing being put in to our relationship.  Tonight, through God, I let that down. 

I am so excited to share with you guys how the rest of the weekend goes...and for those of you who are hoping this is going to be like a motion picture...I am afraid that I am probably going to let you down.  I am here to work on myself, my marriage and my life not just for me but for my family!  That's what this is going to be about.

Tomorrow is going to be amazing and I can't wait to get back to you on how!

No comments:

Post a Comment