Every week Multiples and More posts a Question of the week...whether you are a multiple mom or not, you are welcome to join in on answering the question and then going on over to Multiples and More and linking up. Below is the question...
Welcome to our Multiples and More Question of the Week!
Time seems to fly when you have small children, doesn't it? In the midst of changing diapers, doing laundry, cooking, working, planning, etc, it's easy to overlook the special moments that we have with our kids on a daily basis. Today, we want to stop and take a minute to remember and appreciate some of these moments. So, this week's question is:
There have been so many special moments I don't know where to begin...
1) I guess it would start with them before they have the ability to remember. When Adam and I were in the hospital and we were told we were having twins...that was one of my most special moments not necessarily shared with them...but none the less, one of my favorites.
2) Then I was blessed to be able to breast feed my girls. I actually breastfed them for a year and a week and those moments were some of the most special moments you could ever spend with your babies. I remember how they would look up at me and more often than not they would hold hands while they were eating. I fed them "football hold" and decided that if I had to feed them one at a time because they were getting too big then I would not be able to continue breastfeeding because I would have to spend twice as much time feeding them. As it worked out, they didn't get too big...I just kept scooting their bottoms back and they were able to feed like that for a long time.
3) I was blessed to stay at home with my girls for the first 3 years of their lives and every single day we were doing something fun. We never turned on the TV...we went on field trips, went to playgroups, etc. I remember some of my favorite moments with my girls were on those car rides. I would never turn on the radio unless they wanted it and I would just listen to them and talk to them the whole time. It's funny how this time that we spend with our kids can be taken for granted yet it's the best time that we have with our kids. We would laugh the whole time...they were so funny!
4) Our vacations every year are the most memorable also! The phone doesn't ring, there is no computer (keep in mind I work from home) and we have really good "us" time. We have spent time in Southern CA for a week at San Juan Capistrano and were able to spend a day at Disneyland. That was awesome and my girls were SO good...we cherish that trip. Then we have a timeshare in Nevada that we go to when it's snowing and have so much fun just relaxing. We also went to Kauai for a week and what I loved about that trip is that this island is not commercialized at all, so all of the time we spent together was at the beaches and sight seeing. There are many more trips that we have spent together and I always look real forward to them every year because it's this time that we make the whole week about our kids.
5) And this last one might seem really little but it is so big for us...there are many mornings that my girls climb in to bed with me and we just get to sit and talk about what they have been doing, anything that have happened that they need to discuss. I like to find out what it is that we do that makes them happy and what makes them mad or upset. It's interesting to find out what your kids perspectives are. We are able to talk about things that you wouldn't talk about in the normal course of the day. This is a real special time that I enjoy with my girls and hope that it never ends. :)
To see more answers to this question...head on over to Multiples and More