Thursday, October 29, 2009

Things I love Thursday...video phone

My very favorite item in the whole world is our video phone.  This is a phone that hooks up over the internet and anyone that has this phone can see the other person they are talking to.  It reminds me of the Jetsons...My family has one and my 6 year old twins love to call Grammy and see her when they talk to her.  Erynn lost her first tooth recently and all she did was call Grammy and smile and my mom could see that Erynn had lost her tooth.  This is such an awesome way to keep in touch with loved ones that you don't get to see very often.  To buy the phone is only $99 (which I thought was going to be way more expensive) and the service is $29.99/mo for unlimited local and long distance calls.  It can actually replace your home phone.  This is the only phone we use in our house.  Another cool thing is that you can actually plug your current base that goes to your cordless handsets into the back of the video phone and your existing handsets still work. 
My mom made my girls a blanket the other day that she couldn't wait for Christmas to show me, so she called and showed me!  There is no delay, it's picture perfect and in real time.  It's like sitting in front of her.  These phones and the company were actually featured on the Celebrity Apprentice in March of this year.  To learn more about the phone...click here.
To find more Things I love Thursdays, click here.

1 comment:

  1. This is more like the jetsons: http://www.iris2iris.com/en-UK/home.htm

    ReplyDelete